Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Twit Network

The Social Network has a 97% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. For all other genres of films, be it horror, suspense, romance, action or comedy, rating tends to be heavily skewed by subjective personal preference. But a movie about the origin of Facebook? Nope, apparently it transcends all genres and finds universal appeal and approval mainly because the topic is so pervasive as to connect and interest so much of the population.

I found the movie entertaining and enlightening in painting the evolution and story of such a social phenomenon, but it fell more into the category of "well, I don't regret watching it but I don't know if I'd want to sit through it again". On the other hand, I watched Nowhere Boy last night and was blown away. I'm sure it's mostly because I'm a huge Beatles aficionado and all, but Kristin Scott Thomas, Anne Marie Duff and even Aaron Johnson (of Kick-Ass fame) did such an amazing job in their portrayal of the early years of John Lennon, I didn't want to the movie to end.

But what do I know? I have amassed an embarassing collection of Beatles biographies, none of which are completed because I always stop reading about 75% of the way in when things get depressing and sad. Can you tell I'm a romantic comedy type of movie lover?

So I leave you with this amusing Twitter movie parody that emerged from the Social Network movie buzz. Especially entertaining for those of you who have seen the movie....


No comments: