Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Maximize Efficiency

Ok, I'll admit it.

I'm a sucker for efficiency.

I am the person who will google maps multiple routes to see which one is the shortest or is the quickest with traffic layer (trafficlayerisamazing).
**
Sure I'm no mathematical whiz, but that's why I love those "cost per ounce" comparisons at the grocery store to get the most bang for my buck.
If I could adhere only one adage/expression/idiom to myself it would be "kill two birds with one stone".

Let's face it, the only thing better than winning, is win-winning.

So I certainly got a tickle out of the recent blog from Re-Nest showcasing a neat way to re-use those normally hard to recycle plastic bottle caps.






Photo Credit: One of those annoying chain email FWDS



Apparently it is as easy as:
1. Cutting off the top of a plastic bottle (obviously I assume you all use a Klean Kanteen, but on the off chance you stumble upon one of these poor suckers)
2. Pulling a plastic bag up through the neck of the bottle, folding the bag down over the neck, and replacing the lid.

Viola! A air or water tight seal for your Kirkland signature brand goodies you bought in bulk...because you love efficiency and therefore a good deal!

My favorite thing about this post and consequent re-post on LifeHacker was the follow up comment by StinkyPetethePirate:
Why not just pour the contents of the bag into the empty water bottle, seems like a lot less work
Efficiency to the point of laziness?

True or False: After reading
Shopaholic & Sister by Sophie Kinsella, I may or may not have reused coffee grinds. Sure sure, some might say there is a thin line between efficiency and frugality, I say who cares when all paths lead to WIN WINNING?

Spoiler Alert: Don't think I don't realize the irony in utilizing a plastic bag to re-use a plastic bottle cap. Boy am I excited to tell you about this cool product I saw at the last UniqueLA show.


**and yes, I made that gorgeous piece of MS Paint Art. This is why bumbleboy won't let me into near the product designs.

1 comment:

bumble boy said...

omg, what is that monstrosity you created up there at the top?